November 24th, 2014
Getting in a car accident can be a very scary and stressful time. With everything going on, it is important to try and stay as calm as possible, since you will need to remember important details when you file a claim. Keep these auto insurance claim filing tips in mind to ensure that your claim goes as smooth as possible.
- If you can, move your car to the side of the road so that you are not in the path of oncoming traffic. This will allow you the time and space needed to record any damages.
- Check the other driver, and any passengers for injuries. The more you know about someone’s injuries, the better you will be able to proceed.
- Call 911. Even if nobody is injured, call 911. They will contact the police and tell you how to proceed. It is especially important to call 911 if it is a hit and run or the other party tries to leave without providing their information.
- Take as many pictures as you can. If you do not have a phone with a camera, make sure to keep a disposable camera in your car, just in case! Take pictures of the damages on your vehicle and the other vehicle, as well as the scene around the accident.
- Exchange information with the other party. You will need to get their name, phone number, address, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, make and model of the vehicle, and the license plate number. Also, make sure to get the names and contact information of any witnesses at the scene.
Contact the insurance professionals at Brown & Brown Insurance in Anaheim, California for all of your auto insurance needs. We can help you through the claims process to ensure that you are well taken care of.