March 15th, 2017
Hiring! Employee Benefits Account Administrator
As the leader in our industry, Brown & Brown prides itself on our ability to train and provide growth opportunities for employees.
We have an immediate opening in our Anaheim office for an Employee Benefits Account Administrator, a role supporting our Account Managers, Benefit Consultants, and Operations Manager, where the ideal candidate will assist in administering the business of an insurance office and gain an opportunity to learn the profession.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Assist in reaching the objectives and goals of the office by supporting various needs of the Department
- Assist the Department with the following:
- Insurance Coverage Review (ICR) Process
- Review and Compare Benefit Summaries and SBC’s
- Analyze and Illustrate Plan Options in Excel
- COBRA and B&B Documentation
- Update & Maintain BR.com for all Clients
- Update Contact Sheets
- Update AMS using Activity Checklist
- Print Open Enrollment Materials
- Print Client Proposals, including tabs, cover sheets, etc.
- Administrative Support upon request
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- A bachelor’s degree or pursuing one
- Strong technical skills, proficient in Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Positive work ethic and commitment to team environment
- Must possess a Current Life/Health insurance license or successfully pass the licensing exam with 120 days of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline
- Experience working with Health and Welfare Benefit Plans through brokerage or consulting, insurance carrier or employer.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor
- Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
For candidates that are truly interested in an exciting career opportunity, forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.